Monday, July 12, 2010

The Isley Brothers - Between the Sheets




R.I.P. Marvin Isley (August 18, 1953 – June 6, 2010)


I let this slip through the cracks with the format change and some other things that have been going on over the past month. It would be real easy to make a joke about him being to busy "fighting the power" to fight the diabetes, but that would just be cheap, seeing how he had already lost both of his legs during his struggle with the disease...


Trying to pick a favorite song by the Isley's is tough work. I love "It's Your Thing",the aforementioned "Fight the Power", "Footsteps in the Dark" and "That Lady"; Actually my favorite might be their cover of Seals and Croft's "Summer Breeze". However at the end of the day, it is hard to top "Between the Sheets". Plus I have had "Big Poppa" as my ringtone from my wife for so many years now that I would just feel guilty slighting this track.


Link: The Isley Brothers - Between the Sheets




No comments:

Post a Comment